Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Day Off...

But not from blogging... obviously...

Today was the first day in a while that I had nothing specifc to do.

It took me a while to get my head around it. I kept making up things that I should really be doing, fighting off urges to get in the car and go somewhere, maybe to get the car washed, maybe I should go and buy new sheets or something. I don't know. I just had this nagging urge that I should be doing something.

I didn't.

I went to the shop, I bought stuff for breakfast / lunch, I bought meatballs for dinner, it's kind of a shop meets deli... And then i cooked pasta and had the meatballs with it. Great.

I watched the rugby, I watched Shrek 3 on Sky Movies, I played around with Sky plus and recorded loads of stuff I'll never watch.

And all the time, I felt like I should be doing something else. In fact I checked my email any number of times... I thought about hoovering...

It was only late in the day that I realised how much difficulty I was having unwinding. And only on my second glass of wine that I started to think about what my friends keep telling me.

This is all too much, or rather, the last few months have been too much. I kind of got lost in the rush, drama, pressure and anger. I've been wound up like some kind of tightly wound metaphor...

I still have a million things to do and huge issues to worry about, but at least today I had a moment or two, to realise that there is an end in sight, that other things matter too, that I have a nice house, that I can cook (or at least reheat stuff)...

Not too bad really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home