Monday, March 27, 2006

What ate Time?

It is such a tired cliche to suggest that modern life is hectic, nearly as tedious as suggesting that modern life is rubbish... But, golly, I don't know where the time goes anymore...

Without being overly specific, I used to have time for a relationship, a gym membership, hobbies, weekends away and well, what seemed like a vast quantity of "me" time...

Now? Well, I'm single - which seems to save me no time at all...

I've given up the gym - and am avoiding the bathroom scales, which has taken on a judgemental look...

I never seem to take holidays... and I find it hard to find time to blog, never mind shop, go for a walk, meet friends, write novels etc etc...

All of my time seems to be sucked into some kind of work related vortex... I am in work at 8am, somehow I rarely leave before 7pm, when you factor in the travel time and the post work exhaustion, I hardly live at all...

This is exacerbated by my activities this weekend, which consisted primarily of working - an 8 hour day on Saturday, a 7 hour day on Sunday... I barely had time to see my Mother...

The worst thing? I'm not in a good work place right now, frustrated, irritated, blocked in any attempt to expand and develop, yet still spending my whole life there...

Tonight, I planned to return home and celebrate the extended daylight hour by walking on the beach. I'm home, it's 7.30, my ipod is irritatingly not charged, it's raining and I haven't posted for a week...

I think I need a PA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home