Monday, March 13, 2006

So much blogging...

Wow, the level of coverage and cross blog support today is amazing... It really does feel like a community - and not just because we all emerged blinking from behind our monitors and braved daylight... Although that may be part of it....

Imagine for a moment, if every night out with friends involved people taking photos, writing up the highlights of the evening, posting videos, linking to each other and sharing what happened with those who couldn't be there?

Are we at the start of a future wave of virtual community meeting the real world? Or are we just a bunch of sociable people who leapt at the chance to share a few drinks and chat with people who we feel we know because we read their thoughts almost every day?

It's an interesting question I think - and I freely admit to spending quite a bit of time, looking through photos, reading as many of the blogs from people I met as possible... It really does feel like a community experience - although in some ways it shouldn't...

Let's face facts - when i walked into the Alexander Hotel - I physically knew two people... I had spoken by phone with two more, but it was an entertaining and enjoyable evening that has only been enhanced by the photos and accounts that other people have subsequently shared...

In some ways, I had a better time and warmer feelings following a night where I had never met 164 people then I did after the previous week at an industry function where out of 500 people, I probably knew 164 people at least by sight....

Odd...

But I'm looking forward to next year

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree - what a fantastic night...nice to finally meet you in real life ;)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home